Silicon Valley marketing firm GlobalFluency (www.globalfluency.com) has an opportunity for an entry level full stack web developer ready to the next step in their career to join our in-house web team in beautiful Willow Glen, San Jose. We are looking for a full time, on-site commitment. You will be working in a busy digital agency environment so experience in this area is an advantage but not a must. More importantly, we're looking for someone with great web skills, can-do attitude and communication skills as you will be handling multiple projects with other developers alongside our creative and marketing teams.
WANT TO GET HIRED?
We get a lot of applicants, so your application must contain two parts to be considered:
- Cover letter - reasons why your skills, experience and personality are a good fit for us
- Resume - relevant skill set and experience broken down by area-of-expertise and dates
- Online portfolio - optional but preferred
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Architect and build backends for new and existing websites using PHP & MySQL.
- Build custom content management system for our marketing teams.
- Populate public pages marked up by our front end developers with our custom content management systems.
- Integrate with remote APIs such as LinkedIn.
WHAT DO WE WORK ON?
- We work on micro, medium and larger sites for clients and internal use.
- Our team creates websites with a high level of community interaction to facilitate our firm’s online engagement strategies, usually they need CMSsupport that handle up to 20 different kinds of content our marketing team will update.
- Some sophisticated features we’ve built include custom community forums, multistage approval based user registration and custom shopping carts.
- Here's some examples of sites we build: cmocouncil.org, customerexperienceboard.org, marketingmagnified.com, bpinetwork.org.
- We are a small, tight-knit team that helps each other to get a lot of quality work done.
- It’s all about content and presenting volumes of content well is what we do every day.
- We are flexible and can work to your situation, although we do ask for a full time, in-house commitment.
- We are generalists that move and learn quickly and fill in where the immediate need is.
Tertiary qualification in web development or computer science related discipline
SALARY, BENEFITS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a full time, in-house position - no remote applicants will be considered
- Health, dental and vision insurance and optional 401k
- Dog friendly, but we'll have to interview your dog too ;)