Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
- Perform software engineering tasks within the process framework established for the ongoing development of applications and products. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Collaborate with the product team, application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and frequently with customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- collaborate with the product team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- Create software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements.
- Participate in technical/design reviews as required by the application framework.
- Generate design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the ongoing success of the product(s).
- Works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
- Understand and provide solutions for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Have a pulse on industry trends in web design, mobile, user experience and share insights with team.
- Be passionate about UI experience and able to articulate it well.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3+ years of design & development experience in creating responsive web applications for desktops.
- Additional experience building mobile applications is desirable but not required.
- Extensive ReactJS or Angular experience is preferred with exposure to other common JS libraries.
- Strong Software development fundamentals like OOPs, MVC, Algorithms & Design Patterns are must.
- Knowledge of AJAX concepts, NodeJS, communication protocols & data services like REST, SOAP are required.
- Integration with third party mapping libraries like Leaflet, openlayers or Google Maps would be a big plus.
- Experience in the tools required in a development lifecycle: build (Babel, Webpack), unit testing (Karma, Jasmine, Jest, Protractor), code quality (ESLint, Sonar), version control (Git), task and defect management (Jira), Agile development approaches.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills in a strong-matrix organization environment.
- BE/BS/ME/MTech/M.S. in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Trimble Inc. and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.