NovaStor is looking for a Web Developer responsible for managing both the front and backend components of our company websites. Your primary focus will be the development of all new website functionality, ensuring the highest quality user experience while maintaining secure and modern approaches to web development. You will work closely with the marketing team to outline future development, provide functional design mockups and deliver on those approved mockups. This role will serve as the lead technologist to the web development team and be empowered to make decisions on how best to produce the results requested by the marketing and sales teams. This is a full time position in our Agoura Hills office. This is not a telecommuting position.
- Work with sales and marketing stakeholders to define and clarify web development requests.
- Develop custom modules and template layouts from Photoshop sources.
- Develop and deploy new features and functionality to all NovaStor websites.
- Integrate with RESTful API's to enhance the NovaStor website customer experience.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Help architect solutions to big problems with modern / non-traditional software approaches.
Required skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of modern web technologies (NodeJS / SASS / LESS / Gulp).
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Wordpress, CodeIgniter and Symfony).
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks.
- Familiar with working with version control tools and developing web services.
- Experience integrating front-end code with server-side technology.
- Experience with responsive design is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- BS/MSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject PREFERRED