TECHNOLOGY – TORONTO, ONThis is a full time permanent position available in our Toronto Head Office. Why work at Moneris?As a leader in the payments Industry, Moneris is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create safer, faster and smarter payment solutions for our customers. We are looking for candidates who welcome new challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to continuously learn and grow within their careers. Moneris offers a competitive Total Rewards program, and was named one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America in 2017. Purpose of the role
This position is mainly responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of the Moneris Developer Portal website, which houses and publishes Moneris’ eSelectPlus Payment Gateway Integration Guides and API packages. The role supports the Front-end Platforms & Integration team, works with other staff members, departments and project teams, and requires web development experience. For optimum success in this role, it will be essential for you to be action-oriented, resourceful, ensure accountability, drive engagement and instill trust with all stakeholders You will be accountable for
- Designing, developing, and configuring the Moneris Developer Portal website, which is an external merchant-facing web portal with user-account registration and management.
- Maintaining and supporting the Moneris Developer Portal website by identifying, assessing, and implementing new content, functionalities, and improvements.
- Development, testing, maintenance, and documentation exercises required for our transaction APIs and various Moneris customized solutions including but not limited to RMS plug-in and shopping carts.
- Maintaining the back-end server of the Developer Portal and internal web applications working with SysAdmin, TelecomAdmin, DBAdmin, and InfoSecurity teams on such initiative as, but not limited to, system upgrade, application migration, and annual DR testing.
- QA and regression testing, along with the supporting documentation, of the Developer Portal and internal web applications.
- Represent the Front-end Platforms & Integration team as application-owner for Developer Portal on major internal projects.
- Escalating critical product issues to the Manager and/or Product Managers such that production issues are addressed expeditiously. Retain ownership of reported issues and carry it until resolution and ultimately, if necessary, identify any process change required to prevent future recurrence.
Your experience includes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in development (combination of education and work experience will be considered)
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows/ MS Office Applications
- Proficiency in a wide variety of web-centric & mobile development and scripting languages (Adobe Illustrator, Java, COM, PHP, .NET, iOS, Android etc).
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- Strong technical acumen that would enable the candidate to grasp new programming methods and process flows.
- Able to interface and relate to customers with varying degrees of technical ability.
- Strong listening, writing, and verbal communication skills are required and the ability to clearly articulate. Bilingual preferred.
- Previous experience in the payment industry considered an asset
About Moneris As one of North America's largest providers of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers credit, debit, wireless and online payment services for merchants in virtually every industry segment and processes more than three billion transactions, annually. Moneris also provides electronic loyalty and stored-value gift cards, mobile and online solutions, and integrated POS software. With more than 350,000 merchant locations, Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed for our customers to “Be Payment Ready”. Moneris is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In addition, Moneris is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations, we are happy to work with you to meet your needs.