LRS Web Solutions, the area’s premier Web development group, is looking for a senior-level front-end Web Developer. LRS Web Solutions is the Web arm of Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), the global leader in information technology solutions headquartered in Springfield, Illinois.
As a Web Developer, you will be working with a project team and clients as well as with the LRS Marketing team. You will construct large, complex websites, using modern front-end development technology such as; HTML, SASS(CSS), and jQuery. You will integrate professional graphic design with client content and custom-built applications. You will consult on usability, accessibility, browser-compatibility, and quality in website construction.
You will interact with clients, project managers, account representatives, a user experience specialist, as well as a team of designers and developers to identify and implement web-based solutions both before and after the sale.
You will assist in the support and maintenance of websites for our company and our clients. You can be based in our Springfield, IL or our St. Louis, MO location, and this position may require a very limited amount of travel within Illinois and the United States.
Your compensation will consist of a base salary plus paid overtime.
Performance objectives for this position:
· Site Construction: Consistently create flawless, complex websites that are fast-loading, easy to navigate, cross-browser compatible, aesthetically pleasing, accessible, usable, and meet client needs.
· Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by responding to client requests and complaints in a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner. Maintain excellent communication with clients and team members; discuss goals; anticipate future needs and make appropriate suggestions; explore options for alternatives with client. Tactfully guide client and team members to best practices.
· Work collaboratively: Work cooperatively with a team of developers, designers, salespeople, project managers, a user experience specialist and a team manager. Coordinate your work with the work of others and deliver your part of the project on time, complete and without errors. Assist other team members to continually improve skill sets by giving timely constructive feedback and specific training, where appropriate. Be open and responsive to such feedback yourself.
Two years’ experience hand-coding HTML(5), SASS(CSS) and jQuery in a professional work environment is required. You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
You will be a stronger candidate if you have experience with any of the following:
· Visual Studio
· Creative Suite or Creative Cloud Products
· jQuery/jQuery UI
· Website Graphics
· Front-end Frameworks, Twitter Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation or similar
· Usability and accessibility development
· Responsive web design
· Content Management Systems and Theming