The Corporate Communications team is responsible for supporting the whole business, working intimately with our Marketing division - providing a company-wide shared service Think of us as a internal agency that curates the messaging, web design and look and feel for the entire portfolio of brands within the ION Group.
We’re looking for an experienced web developer who’s passionate about designing beautiful and engaging online experiences to support our communications and marketing efforts. You’ll be asked to design, build, and maintain the infrastructure we use to create powerful narrative journeys that demonstrate the benefits of our products and services to the people visiting our websites.
Be ready to work closely with a tight-knit team of talented content creators to develop a wide range of online resources that help us build meaningful, long-term relationships with our colleagues and our client communities.
- Work with the ION Communications Agency, product teams, and other subject matter experts to create compelling online experiences that support important projects.
- Use data and research to identify successful user engagement strategies and map out new ways to enhance our brand and amplify our messaging.
- Perform back and front-end development to support our global web initiatives.
- Manage a WordPress environment with multiple installations across development, staging, and production.
- Help design, build, and manage our WordPress themes and plug-ins.
- Perform quality and version control of our corporate development, staging, production, and associated microsites.
- Manage schedules and notifications for all site pushes.
- Analyze disparate websites to plan and manage data migration and site redirects.
- Manage large-scale data migration and site consolidation projects.
- Manage all technical aspects of the CMS to ensure high performance and availability.
- Support development of internal microsites as needed.
- Further develop your web development skills, both independently and through our internal continuing education offerings.
- Work to master all the latest trends in web development so that we can continue moving the needle for designing online customer journeys in our industry and beyond.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience of web design in a commercial, B-to-B environment
- Experience designing and building responsive user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Knowledge and experience in building single page web applications with a modern framework, preferably React.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP back-end development.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS. Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure a consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Comfortable using debugging tools such as Firebug, Chrome inspector, and so on.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Proficient with code versioning tools.
- Ability to work both individually and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Web Design, Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Knowledge of the financial industry or financial technology.
- Understanding of concepts behind branding and data-driven content