As a member of the web development support team, you’ll play an integral role in improving the level of support given to our customers. You will work closely with the team lead as you solve complex customer issues and work on bug fixes. In this role, you will help the team assess and improve the code, in order to keep the primary applications running smoothly.
What we want you to accomplish:
- Work with a team ofexperienceddevelopers to improve the level of support of the flagshipSaaS of theYearbook division.
- Solve customer issues, getting lead time of tickets to under 24 hours for analysis and under 3 days for resolution.
- Work on bug fixes for maintenance releases. Help increase maintenance release frequency from 2 times per year to 6 times per year.
- Develop solutions to longstanding technical debt items, resulting in a reduction of backlogged items prior to the start of the school year in August.
- Assist support lead in improving processes and documentation across the team.
- Challenge team leadership with new ideas and approaches to common problems experienced by our customers, both internal and external.
- Coordinate with support lead in investigating and solving customer issues that can’t be handled by the customer-facing technical support team.
- Work closely with other support team members to discuss and solve issues that they encounter.
- Identify and fix longstanding software bugs.
- Successfully worked in a high tier of support on very large SaaS applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve complex customer issues.
- Experience working in teams with multiple members, collaborating frequently.
- Shown an aptitude for working in a quickly changing environment, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to hand write SQL queries (Oracle preferred)
- Jenkins or other build tool preferred, but not required
- Ticketing and bug tracking system
- Analytics tools (Splunk or New Relic preferred)