Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Web Developer to support the Deployment Health Research Center (DHRC), located at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego, California. The position assists team members with PHP web application development and system administration tasks essential for the operation of large prospective cohort studies.
- Build, maintain, and optimize PHP web applications
- Assists incumbent staff with system and database administration responsibilities
- Provides assistance and training to system users
- Writes unit tests to assist in quality assurance goals
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related duties as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with PHP programming language
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with administering Linux servers (RHEL/CentOS/Debian)
- Ability to write clear, concise copy
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ability to make presentations to groups
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to interface with investigators, vendors, research staff, and study participants
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with PHP Frameworks (CakePHP, Zend, Symfony, Yii, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Experience with software version control (git, svn, vcs, etc.)
- Experience with writing unit tests and quality assurance procedures
- Understanding of usability and UX principles
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: This position requires the equivalent of a college degree in computer science or 1+ years of related experience.
Physical Capabilities: Walking, standing, must be able to read reports, labels and use computer, must be able to hear well enough to communicate with coworkers, must be able to write, type, and use phone system
Work Environment: Office environment