The Web Developer role is part of the ecommerce and web development team within the IT department responsible for supporting existing suite of ecommerce websites under the Luxor brands to help us grow, expand and enhance our ecommerce presence and strategic initiatives. This position is responsible for developing engaging, responsive design for our websites, backend development supporting business operations, integration work with our ERP and ecommerce systems, database and 3rd party services, and collaborating with IT and business teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Proactively identify and implement integration opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies
- Participate in requirements analysis, testing, documentation, application and data support for ecommerce sites.
- Communicate with business analysts and stakeholders to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications and translate requirements into functional code.
- Perform code deployments & ensure proper change management practices are followed.
- Collaborate with other team members on best practices for web development, integrations with 3rd party systems and digital marketing & ecommerce strategies and objectives.
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure they perform well, including performance testing, multiple browser testing, mobile interface testing, etc.
- Maintain continuous improvements related to user experience, site performance, SEO, and other best practices.
- Incorporate data-driven insights to inform design decisions and recommend short/long term actions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend webinars and initiate online training and research to stay current on trends, best practices, industry standards, and software
- Development and support for A/B tests to continually test enhancements and features that drive higher conversion rates, overall site and/or campaign performance.
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms and devices, including tablets and smartphones, to support a consistent and positive customer experience and maximize conversion rate on our eCommerce properties.
- Partner with IT team to continually refine and document front and back end development best practices
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven expertise developing and designing ecommerce websites and application development
- Solid understanding of relational database systems and developing/scripting t-SQL
- System integration experience with Web Services technologies (JSON, XML, APIs, etc.)
- Experience supporting and developing server-side application logic, FTP, networking and integrating ecommerce applications with ERP systems
- Experience with ecommerce and digital marketing concepts (CRM, analytics, email, SEO, optimizing content, etc.)
- Effective communicator of technical issues to non-technical teammates
- Creative problem-solver with ability to foster and develop ideas
- Strong time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities in a highly fluid environment
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, collaborative, and accountable
- Independent work ethic
- Ability to work as a member of an integrated team in an open office environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Work History Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years directly related work experience with eCommerce web development
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience (minimum 5-7 years) in directly related roles.