Christiana Care Health System’s Digital and Creative Services department is looking for a dynamic Web Developer to join their team. In this role, you will support system-wide website and digital marketing efforts through the creation of graphical, interactive and multimedia functions, features and systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Creates website layout/user interface using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrates data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gathers and refines specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Creates and maintains software documentation.
- Responsibility for maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites.
- Stays plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperates with designers to match visual design intent.
- Provides development insight and direction to enhance website, and new media projects.
- Develops multimedia content and new media applications.
- Ensures functional consistency and branding throughout the entire website, and across platforms and media.
- Develops and implements production plans to meet Web goals and objectives.
- Partners with consultants, application vendors, out-of-house designers, photographers, and audio and video producers.
- Coordinates work with colleagues within the department and throughout Christiana Care, securing appropriate input, reviews, and approvals.
- Adheres to pre-established deadlines and project budgets and secures competitive bids when appropriate.
- Provides regular progress reports to management.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent education in a related field.
- Seven to ten years of experience in working with organizations websites and/or new media and social media projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.