- Client is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Application Programmer in the Information Technology Division.
- The Application Programmer under general supervision designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software.
- Writes and analyzes programs of moderate complexity.
- Analyzes, researches, and resolves program or systems problems and develops program documentation.
- Leads the development of system programs.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Analyzes and recommends application and system improvements
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions
- Conducts automated tool evaluations and software application tests
- Debugs, adapts, and modifies code and logic of existing applications
- Defines and designs application and software architectures
- Determines portability of code between operating systems and hardware appropriate development staff
- Plans and manages the development of, enhancements to and/or the maintenance of customer applications according to published standards
- Prepares detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operations
- Tests code to identify errors and debug
- Updates the applicable tracking system with issues identified during the full life cycle
- Utilizes, modifies, or develops algorithms that maximize processing speed and utilize memory efficiently
- Writes and debugs programs or program modules
- Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users
- Ability to prepare flow charts and diagrams
- Ability to perform modeling/mapping application workflow and process designs
- Ability to analyze the programming codes
- Ability to perform application debugging
- Ability to write specifications
- Knowledge of programming systems, software and hardware configuration and their application to a system environment
- Ability to give instructions and direct the activities of other analysts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field AND Five years of programming experience.
- Experience with document management systems that incorporate business process workflows and web forms – preferably Laser fiche
- Familiarity with PHP, ASP.NET, vb.net
- Knowledge of relational database systems
- Experience working with business analysts to deliver solutions that automate business processes
- Knowledge of SOA design patterns.
- Experience developing dynamic web based applications that communicate via web services.