About the Opportunity
Come grow with Precima! We are looking for a Web Services developer who will help us to build the future for Precima's embedded analytics platform. This is a highly technical position in an exciting new development area we will be introducing into our retail analytics business platform. We are looking for you to help implement our web platform. You will be a key team player and an integral part of our awesome web services team.
Who you are:
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
- You are self motivated and thrive on developing solutions to open-ended business problems.
- You believe in developing great user experiences, through application flow and front end design.
- Have 4-6 years of developing end to end web solutions
- Have a BachelorDegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or other related discipline
Why we need you:
- You will develop standard web solutions for industry leading interactive retail analytics, with opportunities for leadership on some projects
- Participate and begin to lead in defining backlog and requirements clarification for various web projects
- Help us to research and take advantage of new technology to improve and expand solutions
- Leverage your previous experience to develop moderately to highly complex software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards
- You are confident participating in an agile environment on design, development, testing and implementation of web solution components and modules
- Troubleshoot and correct complex software defects
- Participate in peer code reviews
What we use:
- Java and corresponding development frameworks such as Spring
- HTML5, CSS3, JSON
- Bootstrap, LESS, SASS
- Databaseexperience (Relational) - MySQL, Oracle
- Atlassian tools - BitBucket/Stash, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo
Nice to have:
- Visualization library experience - D3.js, Google Charts, QlikSense
- Cloud deployment experience; preference for Amazon Web Services stack
- Big Data, Data Warehousing, In-Memory Database experience