VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions, from schools like North Carolina State University in Raleigh to UC Santa Barbara on the west coast.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Web Developer to add to our growing team. As a member of the Web Team, you'll work with a wide-range of clients and a number of team members including Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Project Managers. This position will report to the Director of Web Production.
This role requires the skills to develop large, responsive, frontend website projects as well as full backend implementation projects in Drupal and WordPress. Daily tasks also include development consulting during all phases of a project, supporting internal initiatives and executing tasks within the developer's personal growth plan. The Web Developer must be capable of both leading and supporting the development efforts for large website projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build frontend-only websites as well as websites in Drupal 8,9 and WordPress
- Develop and implement landing pages (i.e enrollment marketing pages for higher ed clients), email templates and related web-based solutions.
- Write well-designed, efficient code by using best practices
- Test code for quality, WCAG accessibility and site speed
- Gather and refine client specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with our designers to match visual design intent
- Proactively recognize problems and develop creative solutions from the strategy phase of a project through launch
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into VisionPoint's operations and activities
- Actively participate in agile project management meetings
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve processes
- Assist in strategic sales efforts (including project scoping) from a technical perspective
- Train clients and cross-organizational staff on administering and managing web solutions and products.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint's culture
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development, preferably in an agency or team setting
- Please provide link to your portfolio, Github, CodePen or any other examples of work
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, preferably SASS
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation and frontend libraries such as React, Vue.js, or Ember
- Deep experience with Drupal 7, Drupal 8 and WordPress. Knowledge in both CMS development (i.e. theming and custom module/plugin development) and administration/configuration of CMS core, plugins, and modules.
- Comfortable with version control through Git
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Excellent client and team communication skills and demonstrated time management abilities.
- Ability to present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse staff across units and remote environments.