Within the Enterprise Business Services Technology (EBST) group in PVSI & Community Bank Technology (CBT), there is an exciting opportunity for a Software development Engineer in Test who will be responsible for building and testing highly scalable, resilient Microservices. You will be joining an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, development, coding, testing and business logic that goes into creating high quality software.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- The candidate will be working on an Agile and collaborative environment with Business users and other technology partners.
- Be a dev/tester on an agile scrum squad developing RESTful APIs
- Develop automated acceptance and unit test for the agile team
- Teach test automation skills to fellow agile team members that may be more traditional dev oriented
- Leverage Cucumber to translate Gherkin BDD scripts into automated testing
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
- Follow scrum, BDD, TDD, and CI principles.
- Actively Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) while developing new features and refactoring existing code.
We are looking for senior level developers that have a keen ability to understand business requirements and convert them into well designed solutions, will communicate clearly and have a passion for technology and Learning.
- 7+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions for test automation
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Experience programming or developing applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex issues
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Exposure to these technical languages/products:J2EE, Spring, Tomcat 7.0 ,RAML,SQL and JDBC, Eclipse, JUNIT, GRADLE, GitHub, JProfiler, Springboot
- Good Understanding of Microservices Architecture Pattern
- Experience with Cloud Environments(Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Proficiency in writing code, comments and unit testing
- Proficiency in Testing using BDD/TDD and familiar with Gherkins/Cucumber for writing BDD
- Experience with Java automated testing
- Experience with Jenkins, cucumber, test automation & reporting tools
- Experience developing in/with agile & CI tools: Jira, Confluence, Artifactory