The Web Designer is responsible for developing and executing innovative and creative designs for Gap North America, including responsive site content, responsive email campaigns, online shops and other external placements. Candidates should be extremely motivated designers who can easily adapt to the Gap brand aesthetic and value working in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
* Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, merchandising, marketing, web content development, and project management.
* Produce design specifications, scenarios, and design prototypes.
* Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with design leads.
* Present multiple solutions per project.
* Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
* Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
* Present creative to business partners.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report into the Assistant Art Director.
• Expert knowledge of latest web technologies and technology trends, including responsive design.
• Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and web specifications.
• Expert in ideas generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
• Online retail experience a plus.
• Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
• Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
• Strong communication skills.
• Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics
• Must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary.
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and MAC OS environment.
• HTML coding experience helpful.
• BFA in Graphic Design or related area.
• 5+ years professional experience in design for websites and ecommerce digital advertising.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.