The Senior Interaction/UX Designer will be an integral part of the Enterprise UX Strategy & Design team. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. You will lead efforts to design and define the interactions and interfaces that will engage our customers and transform unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful online & mobile service launches. The role will partner, communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners across B2B channels to execute design initiatives for digital experiences tied to our Enterprise products & strategies.
The ideal candidate is an advocate for human centered design, lean UX and agile development with core strengths in UI/UX design and communications. Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. The role requires creative strategic thinking, driving interaction with business partners and teams across the organization for key Enterprise online & mobile endeavors.
Candidates must have a high level of experience in user interface / user experience design for web and mobile. This will include wire framing, prototyping, and coordination of project development. Candidate must possess and amazing level of attention to detail and is someone who knows best practices, can document them, and insure all UI/UX design follows those detailed specifications.
The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and development to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
• Create concepts using professional design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision) to rapidly work through ideation.
• Work with creative and visual leads to co-evolve user experience solutions through an iterative design process.
• Work with technical leads to understand front/back end systems and constraints so that design solutions are technically feasible and optimal.
• Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
• Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system, service or infrastructure
• Be an expert in the emerging industry UI trends, across web, mobile and tablet platforms, competitors and strategies, and shares this information with the team
• Work both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity
• Construct IA structures, user flows and interaction designs
• Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
Experience & Knowledge/Skills
• 5+ years directly-related web design, UX Design, Front-end mobile-web development or interaction design experience; understanding of visual/graphic design principles a plus.
• Experience with responsive web/mobile design.
• Strong technical proficiency with UX tools such as Sketch, Invision, Principle and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking and a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
• Proven success in designing for large, and/or scalable customer experiences.
• The ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
• Experience with multiple design approaches including but not limited to responsive design, mobile first, and data driven design.
• A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
• This designer possesses excellent visual and UI/UX design skills, with a high-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite among other visual creation tools.
• The UX Designer will have a proven track record in user-centered design methodology and techniques.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual, and Digital), Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information architecture, or related UX field.
• Interface design experience.
• Online portfolio available for viewing.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• 5+ years of interface design experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning web sites or mobile products or devices.
• Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with colleagues, along with cross-functional teams including technology, product management, and user research.
• Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. customer journeys, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, product feature matrices, etc)
• Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
• Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
• Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
• Skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner
• Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
• Strong knowledge of Android OS and iOS platforms.
• A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
• Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation of UX design elements, flows, interaction and functionalities
• Experience with multi-platform projects for large audiences (mobile, tablet, desktop and connected devices)
• Strategic thinker who can collect and analyze data to make appropriate design decisions/recommendations
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
• Talented. Intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly, proactive problem solver who will actively engage in thoughtful debate. Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems
• Effective communicator at all levels of the organization ranging from front-line employees to enterprise officers
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, collaborative, proactive and flexible