We are looking for Web Designer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Web Designer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Scope of The Project:
- Improve the agency’s web site user experience with the modernization of its site and transitioning to a Content Management System that is mobile enabled, secure, user-friendly, and aesthetically consistent with the agency’s brand and communication strategy.
- Static content is currently supported utilizing Adobe Dreamweaver HTML Editor software for 2,974 static pages representing eight deputy areas containing approximately thirty (30) major divisions .
- This component of the site modernization project will focus on web site content and then assist with the migration of that content to the selected CMS solution Drupal.
- Efforts include user centered redesign of primary pages, target audience, elimination of content, reorganization and enhancement of landing page content, ensure agency branding, and page corrections.
- The project team will be needed to support this effort and will work with current staff in Communications and Information Technology, and the selected vendor whom will be responsible for setting up and configuring the Drupal environment and base configuration.
- The team will be responsible for following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
- These positions will be a part of the team directly responsible for successfully implementation of this project.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must also be able to form productive working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and at all organizational levels.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Participate in a team comprised of client and solution implementation staff to enhance the agency web site user experience and migration to a Content Management System.
- Emphases for the Web Designer candidate will concentrate on user centered site experience and redesign of static content to ensure site consistency with the agency’s brand and communication strategy. This will include migration of content to Drupal CMS.
Specific web site duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work in a collaborative effort to evaluate, edit, enhance, format, or delete current static pages associated with the agency external web site
- Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
- Ensure web pages and images follow agency style guide.
- Ensure web pages are 508 compliant
- Ensure use of metadata tags and keywords
- Ensure web page uses agency CSS for style and layout
- Assist with site testing on a range of devices and browsers
- Ensure browser capability
- Create and/or work with Graphics on supporting web site related images.
- Ensure web site pages are checked out and in from central code repository.
- Identify issues and recommend solutions
- Assist with trouble shooting as required
- Ensure site continuity between pages and make corrections
- Recommend and assist in the design of site content to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
- Assist with content migration and supporting scheduled tasks to new Drupal CMS environment, testing, validation, and user acceptance.
- Create supporting project and system documentation.
- The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours related to production rollout of Drupal CMS.
- The candidate will work closely with the Assigned Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to Communication and IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with the agency webmaster and communications staff for the system design and testing.
Module support of the project.
- Client will require that selected personnel sign the confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable.
- Client will not accept any offers including an “up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
- Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
- Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
- All source code (compiled and un-compiled) and graphics will become the sole property of the client. Any source code, data, graphics, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by client will remain the sole property of Client and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor's application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of client.
- Client has the final say on all programming choices.
- All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
- Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
- Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
- Workstation and required software.
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Web Site Design
- Internet Browsers and devices
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Graphic Editors
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
- Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
- Public Sector/Govt Experience is preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 7 or more years of relevant work experience.