The Ideal candidate will have 2-to-5 years UX experience.
This is part of the product development team and will include developing a strategic roadmap for digital health tools, working with external customers as well as internal development teams. Designs, develops and manages Magellan's Internet properties. Develops content for the website, conducts usability and information architecture initiatives, designs story boards and detailed flow charts. Supports application development and testing and creates/enhances web features. This position may also design and develop graphics, web applications, web pages, small web sites, and multimedia elements for the websites. This role follows established guidelines and standards, but may influence the direction and themes of standards as designs evolve. This position may also assist in developing and determining the layout and navigation of a site and working with business owners to create design prototypes for web pages, applications and other Internet elements. Supports account implementations and enhancements for websites. Supports and assists development efforts with other developers/designers and manages multiple projects and initiatives. Provides input in the ongoing design and navigation of websites. Keeps informed of technology trends and innovations. Stays abreast of industry news and trends including HIPAA and e-ethics and how they relate to website transactions and content.
- Identifies business needs and supports analysis, development, testing of website functions and applications. Designs application page design, layout and flow.
- Designs, develops, implements, tests and maintains websites. Creates story boards and detailed flow charts.
- Reviews and edits content and coordinates content development with corporate communications and the editorial review board.
- Works with account representatives, operations staff and representatives from clinical, legal and operations to develop and maintain website content and other features and functions. Provides sales and marketing support (subject matter expertise, demos, proposals).
- Conducts small and medium usability activities and communicates findings to development teams that improve the usability of the website and web applications.
- Conducts information architecture initiatives to organize website content and development effective navigation classifications.
- Supports and assists with development efforts of other web developers and outside consultants.
- Provides customer, provider and member support on web related issues.
-Uses established design guidelines and standards to design, create, and enhance web applications. Designs working html prototypes to design an application and obtains feedback and approvals from business owners for the application flow and design.
Websites and Web pages:
- Uses established design guidelines and standards to develop and maintain design of web pages including the layout, navigation of both templates and pages.
- Creates simple style sheets and makes adjustments to complex style sheets. Uses style sheets to import content and develop pages for applications.
Graphics and Multimedia:
- Creates original graphics or repurpose graphic assets for use on the websites; produces multimedia material for the site as well as use in advertising and promotion of online services and products. May work with both audio and video.
Usability and Information Architecture (IA):
- Conducts small usability and Information Architecture activities and communicate findings to development teams to establish and improve the usability of the website and web applications.
- Manages small design or development projects with team members from various departments; coordinates schedules and resolves conflicting priorities; reports progress to project manager and business owners
- Implements the web design parameters, style guides and visual standards.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements