Are you ready for your next mission? If so, consider the Leidos team! This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of highly trained and a talented professionals. Leidos’ Defense & Intelligence Group has a new opening for a talented and creative Web Content Developer who will support the ARIES contract which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, engineering and cybersecurity services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of an organization’s IT Systems. This position will be based at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate will have strong creative thinking skills. They will be responsible for helping organize, code, publish, and update sites; evaluating site performance with thorough analysis; and ensuring all web properties adhere to security and accessibility guidelines. This individual acts in a supporting role to other branches across the organization to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Applies concepts, develops, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications
- Troubleshoots software and web problems and provides solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies
- Uses a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features, algorithms, animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
What qualifications you’ll need to have:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience as a front-end developer building responsive websites and web applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Willingness to work as part of a team, both as member or as a leader
- Ability to maintain workload in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II
- Currently possess Computing Environment Certification: CIW Web Developer, Certified Web Developer, or CSS3.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server) and SQL
- Experience with data visualization and data representation
- Experience in an Agile development work environment
- ITILv3 certification.