The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 59,000 pilots at 35 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Web Content Developer and Trainer for our Tysons (McLean), Virginia office. The Web Content Developer and Trainer creates engaging web experiences and translates a deep knowledge of web development into interactive trainings for content editors, managers, and developers. They work closely with other staff, members, and leaders to transition wireframes, concepts, and designs into functional and modern websites. Along with coding and styling websites, they will be a part of a team responsible for updating, changing, and posting content to ALPA websites. This multi-faceted position requires the ability to shift seamlessly between web development, content management, and training - and excel at each - while demonstrating creativity, good judgement, and understanding of the Association’s digital goals.
The successful candidate will be able to comfortably translate their knowledge of web design and development into concise, engaging, and interactive training materials that will be delivered in-person and digitally. An understanding of UI/UX design, CSS, and HTML, as well as comfort and strength in public speaking and training are essential.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Local, national, and international travel: 10 - 20%.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
· Four (4) years of related experience required, five (5) or more years strongly preferred. Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
· Proficient understanding of HTML, CSS, and managing content within a CMS.
· Use of Google Analytics and performance metrics to influence development decisions.
· Proven track record of public speaking, presenting, and training, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
· Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making as well as team collaboration, easily able to transition between projects using exceptional time management skills.
· Experience in or awareness of priorities of labor unions, professional associations, or advocacy organizations a plus.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus.
· Software: Adobe CS, Jira, or other project management tools and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office and the local metropolitan area, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel (locally, nationally, and internationally). Also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
ALPA offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
· 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
· Generous sick and bereavement leave;
· Generous health care benefits – PPO, two HMO’s (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
· Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
· $3 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
· Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
· Retiree health plan.
The Air Line Pilots Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation not provided.
Sponsorship not available for this position.
Valid through: 4/16/2021