Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Web Applications Engineer, you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the mobile and browser versions of the Roblox application shell. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Passionate about CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Practiced in building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Have exposure to Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Trained with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
- Help lead and build backend services across a large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.