The Web Applications Engineer II will serve as a member of a team that is responsible for the maintenance and development of several web applications. The Web Applications team is responsible for all aspects of the applications including database, UI, and middle tier development. Projects are executed utilizing an Agile development process to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the product stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow best practices and technical leadership’s directions in implementing new application functionality and bug fixes.
- Develop effective software solutions by evaluating options, conducting research, gathering information, interpreting data and working with other development team members.
- Function as an individual contributor for implementing solutions.
- Collaborate with peers in other teams/departments, understand the overall goal of the project and formulate solutions that best achieves technical and business requirements.
- Follow industry standard practices for all aspects of development from use of appropriate technology to coding standards
- Develop skills in all aspects of collaborative software engineering and development, including but not limited to issue tracking, source code management, regular agile ceremonies, unit testing, etc.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, usability, and maintainability.
- Meet deadlines for individual and team projects.
- Participate in initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in web app development
- Knowledge of related web technologies, software development process and its technologies
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS and/or Azure
- Experience in relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Highly motivated to learn and work in a team environment
- Demonstration of code quality and efficiency
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Medical devices
- Handheld or wearable devices
- Regulatory compliance standards