At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
WE are a passionate team building out the tools to improve health outcomes across our rapidly growing user base. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to users in the minimal amount of time. We believe that we can change lives with the work we do.
YOU are a talented craftsman hell-bent on shipping the best quality software. You value autonomy, ownership, and collaborative, fast moving environments. You believe every interaction the customer has should be first rate.
- Web applications engineer with a solid grasp of modern web application development
- Work closely with product owners, designers, marketers, and other engineers
- Take ownership of front-end components and style implementation
- Contribute to product direction, architecture, and implementation
- Expand our existing set of automated testing for the web
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong design sense, with an ability to implement designs precisely and consistently across a wide range of devices
- Have excellent communication skills
- A desire to build it right the first time
Bonus Points For:
- Existing open source contributions
- Experience building out single page applications
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Cordova
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with webpack
- A track record of leading smaller projects with a group of your peers.