Web Application Engineer
Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a good understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing new and supporting existing web applications using LAMP and LEMP stacks.
- Building efficient, reusable and testable PHP modules.
- Integrating UI elements with back-end via AJAX.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Writing MySQL queries, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Working with APIs.
- Writing clean PHP code that is easy to read and to maintain.
- Solving performance problems and troubleshooting back-end and front-end issues.
- Working with local development teams and teams in Korea.
- Strong knowledge and recent experience with PHP programming.
- Understanding common software design patterns, such as MVC
- Experience working with several major PHP frameworks and/or CMS systems.
- Practical knowledge of object oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing and optimizing MySQL queries.
- Understanding web application troubleshooting methods (back-end and front-end).
- Experience using GIT and/or SVN.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Technical mindset, problem solving, attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.