Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries.
Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position is responsible for back-end development in support of front-end web design for the Global Marketing and Communications team. The individual will create well-written, testable, efficient code via best practices in software development. They will also be responsible for taking UI/UX designs from stylists, and translating them into well-structured web-based applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop user interfaces, based on requirements gathered from clients and users
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Work closely with Web Designers to translate design requirements and specifications into robust, high quality code implementations and applications
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products
- Determine best technology and software languages for projects
- Test sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- Integrate stable plugins that conform with WordPress coding standards
- Fix bugs in existing projects
- Run performance benchmarking tests
- Build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Computer Applications
- 4+ years of experience in Web Development
- 2+ years of experience using WordPress and Bootstrap
- Experience implementing parallax design
- Multi-platform experience (PCs, Tablets, Windows, Android, and iOS)
- Multi-browser experience (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari)
- Portfolio of Web Design
- Experience using the following applications: JQuery, Microsoft SQL Server, XSLT, JSON, XML, Google Application