Who are we?
We are Nebraska Interactive, NIC’s Nebraska subsidiary. We are a talented team of developers, product owners, scrum masters and support who manage the award-winning Nebraska.gov state portal and build web and mobile applications for our State and local government. Nearly every Nebraskan uses our online tools and services to interact with the state, and we take tremendous pride in simplifying Nebraska government interactions.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Web Application Developer. A true professional who takes pride in every aspect of their work and is up to any challenge. A forward thinker with experience building applications in Groovy, Java or Perl and has the desire to create innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Design and Develop complex Internet and e-commerce applications
- Test, debug and maintain web existing applications.
- Develop enhancements and improvements to current services.
- Work with customers and other staff to help determine project specifications
- Design and maintain relational databases
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Minimum of two years of experience developing internet applications
- In-depth familiarity with the Internet and WWW applications
- Experience coding in with at least one of the following programming languages: Perl, PHP, Java, or Groovy
- Knowledge of relational databases and building SQL queries.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and creative
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and troubleshoot code
What will set you apart from other applicants:
- HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap framework experience
- Experience with Grails framework
- Experience working as a member of an Agile team
- Ability to learn new technologies and languages on your own.
- Ability to multi-task several projects with strict deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must possess great interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Amazing team player and constant learner.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to communicate and understand what a client wants in an online application.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, open atmosphere.
Perks and Benefits:
- Free snacks and drinks
- Movie Fridays on last Friday of the month
- Health insurance - you’re completely covered single or family.
- Dental insurance – with premiums fully paid.
- Weekly Social Gatherings with awesome colleagues
- Daily walks in the morning and afternoon
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and personal time
- Employee Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program that keeps us in shape
- Business casual atmosphere with jeans! Shorts in the summer.
- Paid State holidays in addition to vacation
- Tuition reimbursement – your success is our mission!