Web Application Developer
Digital Reasoning is a leader in cognitive computing. We build software that understands human communication – in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. Our groundbreaking and patented AI/machine learning platform learns from experience and is able to transform data into the knowledge clients need to accurately answer questions.
We’re seeking talented individuals that understand how to deliver applications that work well. If the thought of delivering on functionality while utilizing the latest technology excites you, then you have a home at Digital Reasoning.
We want leaders who strive to set the example in application development from inception to shipment. We want leaders who can help us build tools and applications on our custom Synthesys Application Framework. We want leaders who understand the SDLC and can provide constructive feedback at each checkpoint in the development cycle.
Mid-to-Senior level Web Application Developer with a focus on front-end development
A Web Apps Developer at Digital Reasoning is a critical figure in delivering software of high value to our customers and partners. You should be a self-motivated, creative, and flexible developer who can bring solutions to the table by working through design issues with the UX team and requirements with product managers.
You should be fun to work with! We have a highly-collaborative environment at DR and you should be prepared to engage in that environment. On a daily basis you will actively participate in design discussions, customer collaborations, architectural brainstorming, etc. in one or more applications as well as make significant contributions to our codebase.
From a development perspective, you will spend approximately 70% of your time on the front-end and 30% of your time on the back-end. You will also have the opportunity to work on several different applications throughout the year, not just one. So you certainly won't be bored.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing features and or fixing bugs
- Collaborating with members of your team including product management and UX designers
- Performing code reviews
- Attending Agilescrum ceremonies
- Mentoring devs of all levels
- Making and supporting architectural decisions that implement the product roadmap
- Pushing technology to create a better work environment for developers
- Providing time estimates and status reports for various projects
- Vetting and implementing new technologies as they serve business needs
- Working withthe UX team and product management to create great features
- Occasionally teaching the team through presentations & lunch-and-learns
Basic Qualifications and Skills
- 4-5+ years as a Web Application Developer (strong preference for web-based enterprise apps)
- Ruby on Rails or experience in other backend languages
- Ability to create pixel-perfect, web-based implementations of mockups
- Familiarity with Webpack
- Experience with a version of Angular
- Well versed in Command Line Tools
- Misc tooling (Git, WebPack, Bower, LESS, SASS, etc)
- This role requires a qualified candidate to be based in Nashville, TN
An ideal candidate would also:
- Possess a technical degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Enjoy being a leader among his/her peers as well as a leader of other members on the development team
- Have used several of the following JS technologies (or equivalent): jQuery, require.js, TypeScript, knockout.js, ES5+, ember.js, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of Ruby on Rails 4.x+ web development
- RDBMS design & ANSI SQL
- Be familiar with ActiveRecord or other ORM patterns
- Have experience with the Vue framework
- Understand unit-testing and at least one unit-testing framework
- Ability to describe and implement a RESTful API
- Operate as part of an Agile team, not a lone wolf
- Most importantly, be able to understand a problem/requirement, design a solution, work with the UX team to implement a mock-up, and present the solution to the team.