Roles & Responsibilities
- Heavy lifting for day-to-day front-end coding of web applications.
- Design, estimate, and implement small and medium features / enhancements.
- Work with other developers and architects to design, estimate, and implement large features and entire applications.
- Create HTML/CSS/JS that capture designs built in Photoshop and Sketch that meet accessibility requirements and industry browser support standards.
- Implement small and medium PHP features / enhancements. Assist in planning and estimating these.
- Develop queries for MySQL or other DBMSs as appropriate.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and bug fixes for applications.
- Perform code reviews for other developers.
- Write automated tests (unit, integration, user acceptance, visual regression).
- Attend team meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with team members from all departments.
- Learn new frameworks, technologies, etc. as needed.
- Experience crafting front-end technologies towards an SEO strategy and/or meets minimum 508 accessibility standards.
- Basic understanding of PHP programming.
- Basic understanding of database development (MySQL or a similar DBMS).
- Dependable and professional.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and take ownership of their work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment on a number of projects.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Pattern libraries and style guides
- PHP frameworks (WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Laravel)
- Visual regression testing
- Amazon Web Services