- Provide ownership of technical decisions on one or more projects/teams
- Design and develop frameworks, database schemas and back-end systems to support full-featured and styled web applications, taking into account both business and technical considerations
- Work with Senior Architects to integrate designs into the OneLink Ecosystem
- Contribute to improvement of department best practices, standards and policies
- Monitor application code quality and provide technical direction to team members as necessary
- Design SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures to achieve high levels of system performance and durability
- Investigate and repair problems in existing code, performing any necessary refactoring
- Recommend hardware solutions taking into account latest technologies, existing corporate assets, project requirements and project timelines
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years developing web applications
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to design large, complex web applications running on a LAMP stack
- Expert with MySQL/Relational databases
- Expert with Linux and shell scripting
- Proficient with cross browser compatibility and testing
- Proficient with version control systems, such as SVN
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
Translations.com is a world leader in website localization, software localization, GMS (Globalization Management System) software products, and enterprise-level, professional translation services. Our translation solutions allow a diverse array of clients to deliver local language products, services, applications, training, and content in a culturally appropriate manner.
We were founded on the principle that great service is, and always will be, a key differentiator in the localization industry. Our dedication to client satisfaction is what we consider to be our most valuable asset. From President to Project Manager, we believe that making our clients' lives easier and delivering language services that exceed expectations allows us to develop and maintain strong client relationships, and hence to grow our business. Please visit us at www.translations.com.
Translations.com offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, company sponsored life insurance, short term and long term disability, flexible spending account options, and a pro-active and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness.