NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their securityinvestments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyberrisk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
NSS Labs is seeking a Web App Automation & QA Engineer based in Austin, TX or Maryland. Responsible to lead, contribute and coordinate automation team activities along with active participation in the development and execution of automation strategies and plans. Increase efficiency and productivity of testing by contributing to automation architecture, approaches and process enhancements.
- Review user stories and use cases to assure full test coverage by identifying and execution of test strategy and validation plans.
- Set up and maintain large scale test topology and environment.
- Communicate progress and escalate issues to management in a timely manner.
- Prototype automation of workflows and user stories with Python and selenium.
- Develop and maintain performance and load testing frameworks for in-house applications.
- Create progressive solutions to solve complex test automation challenges.
- Own product and features validation from an idea to release.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years working as Senior software test and automation engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in various OS platform – Linux, Unix, Windows.
- 3+ years of experience with python/perl/tcl/Ruby automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong debugging/problem resolution skills for large scale web-based solutions.
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) Relational Data Base using SQL.
- Knowledge of Cyber security solutions like firewalls, IPS, IDS, DDoS, SIME and Breach Detect.
- Knowledge of Internet networking with emphasis on application layer protocols.
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and debug techniques (browser in debug mode and Wireshark).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in agile environment.
- Own and drive tasks to completion with excellent quality while being an excellent team player.
- Self-Starter, detail oriented, organized, independent, strong sense of ownership and urgency, flexible, adaptable and fast learner.
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.