Web and Mobile Development Manager
A client in Charlottesville, VA is actively searching for a Senior Manager of Web and Mobile development to provide both the management and the technical skills to deliver web initiatives across multiple brands. This role will be responsible for leading transformational web projects to replace the existing sites with modern micro sites, mobile applications, implementation of an enterprise Content Management System, and an interactive customer communication strategy.
Position: Senior Manager of Web and Mobile Development
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Type: Direct hire
Compensation: $100K -$140K
Remote work: not available
Work Authorization: Visa not supported
- Proven experience managing developers either PHP or C#/.NET developing in a CMS (preferably either Drupal or Sitecore).
- 5+ years holding a manager position leading a team and managing vendors.
- Experience working on consumer facing websites (ideally 50,000+ visitors/month).
- Proven success working in fast-paced, large scale environments.
- A strategic thinker that understands technology and how to leverage it to achieve business results.
- Executive level communication readouts on web delivery strategy, technical components from an end user point of view.
- Working within an Agile environment and managing the SDCL process for Web projects
- Ability to thrive in creative and often changing environment.
- Experience with application and/or data integration to ensure the web solutions will meet MVP
- Experience with Web Design Methodologies (prototyping, A/B testing, UX design)
- Business analysis or data systems analysis experience
- SSRS, SQL experience is a plus
- Knowledge of PHP, Java, AJAX or C# or .Net is preferred
- Strong written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Solid team building skills
- Ability to self-motivate, adapt, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and quality
- Bachelor?s degree from accredited University or College
- Microsoft Certifications are a plus
- Achieve overall excellence by managing to an agile development format and fostering teamwork.
- Design and implement technical solutions for customer facing sites, mobile applications, social media initiatives, supporting marketing, sales and on tour activities.
- Primary lead for IT for all web related projects for technical design and implementation
- Drive and deliver web development tasks utilizing multiple different frameworks
- Participant in the ARB for integration of Web projects with core applications and COTs
- Set infrastructure requirements for application performance
- Ensure project goals are met within scheduling and budgeting parameters for both internally and externally delivered projects.
- Lead Business Owner interviews to determine needs, technical impact, and present recommendations.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues and anticipate points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns
- Key role for code review and feedback to both internal and external resources
- Primary contact for 3rd party vendor management for large projects including delivery schedule, design methodology and budget.
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Conduct executive presentations on the web roadmap deliverables