- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company web environment and web application servers.
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of web technologies and good understanding of operation environments that the web and web application servers run on.
- Participate in planning for the future of the web and web application environments and the evaluation and/or recommendation of purchases.
- Task and project planning for self. Provide mentoring to junior staff as assigned.
- Participate in development of cross department projects focusing on web team activities.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn/understand Rain and Hail business or already possesses Rain and Hail business knowledge.
- Must work with vendors on resolving problems.
- On Call - Requires some weekend and night work to perform upgrades and patches.
- Other work duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of assigned web and/or web applications servers used at Rain and Hail.
- Task planning, work prioritization and project management skills.
- Assist with tactical and strategic planning for web team.
- Leadership skills; effective communication with team members and other departments.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to listen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2+ years of experience in the web field preferred or related area. Experience: 3+ years previous web experience. Note:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirementsassociated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2+ years of experience in the web field preferred or related area. Experience: 3+ years previous web experience.Johnston - Northpark Drive Urbandale 50131Information Technology