Our client is a Wealth Management firm with locations on Long Island and NYC. they are looking for a Wealth Strategist for either office.
The ideal candidate is a CPA with an extensive knowledge of tax and estate planning. A team player that is thorough in their work, operates with a high attention to detail, has strong communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills, and is driven to develop and grow in their role.
- Develops, consults on and implements tax, estate and financial plans for clients, including those of the greatest complexity. Collaborates with other planning resources on specific subject matters.
- Conducts and reviews research, as appropriate, and develops tax, estate and financial analyses and plans. Assists in formulating recommendations to clients.
- Reviews and summarizes wills, trust agreements, health care proxies, power of attorney, and other estate planning documents in a client friendly format.
- Prepares income and estate tax projections to illustrate the impact of tax planning strategies.
- With the guidance of the Senior Wealth Strategists, reviews Individual, Trust, Gift Tax, and various entity returns.
- Runs and demonstrates advanced planning scenarios, e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, GRATS, gifting strategies, etc.
- Translates complex analytical concepts into simple but elegant financial planning solutions that the client can understand and embrace.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects in any other areas of financial planning including tax research.
- Prepares and contributes content for memos, quarterly articles, and client friendly communications for one off and other important tax law and financial planning changes.
- Continuously monitors law changes relevant to tax, estate, or financial planning to keep the firm well-informed.
- Maintains firm & client schedules e.g. tax return review schedule, RMD schedule, tax projection schedule, and individual client tax trackers.
- Maintains and coordinates the firm's financial planning platforms.
- Develops and improves the firm's financial planning process and client deliverables.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years in public accounting or financial planning/ wealth management
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA required.
- CFP designation preferred, or willingness to work towards designation
- Strong tax background with understanding of estate tax laws and planning strategies
- Understanding of retirement planning concepts
- Emoney, BNA Income Tax Planner, and Checkpoint experience a plus