Reporting to the Head of Private Banking and UBIS Investment Sales, the Wealth Markets Direct Channel Manager is responsible for managing a Call Center and licensed sales professionals. This role directly manages the centrally located staff of UnionBanc Investment Services (UBIS) licensed Financial Advisors and licensed Private Bankers focused on driving revenue and profitable growth from the assigned Branch locations. The role is responsible for a P&L and for achieving profitability through investments, insurance, loans, deposits, trust services and wealth planning products and services. The position will deliver significant financial results through vigorous portfolio management and collaboration with business partners to offer our full array of investment capabilities while providing financial solutions via telephone and web contacts to affluent clients. The incumbent is responsible for hiring and retaining high performing teams through training, skill building, motivating, and on-going coaching and support, and must also ensure operational integrity and prudent risk management. Will be active in managing internal/external partnerships and participate in customer and prospect calls.
Management or Supervision: Yes
- Drive new client acquisition, profitable expansion and sustainable sales growth of the portfolio and retention of affluent relationships by focusing on quality of customer experience, consistency of service and delivery of robust relationship management through needs based, consultative selling via the UBIS/Private Bank Direct channel.
- Responsible for robust pipeline management to achieve desired production and revenue targets.
- Develop business strategies to support sales objectives and present data to management.
- Design and implement business plans to effectively leverage partners within the bank to generate greater cross sell and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements and licenses are held by licensed professionals and in good standing including but not limited to: FINRA, SEC, BSA, AML enhanced due diligence Maintain OSJ regulatory requirements, All Bank regulations are followed in the prescribed manner.
- Verify that sales professionals maintain correct and accurate customer records
- Oversee the inside sales process through soliciting information from random customers on a monthly basis to ensure satisfaction and regulatory adherence. Work with representatives to build a solid network of referrals.
- Utilize wholesalers to the Banks best interest and reward performance of actively participating branches.
- Work with senior management to ensure all budgeted goals for revenue are met on an annual basis.
- Responsible for information exchanges to and from other managers and area executives.
- Collaborate across business lines with peers to create cross functional revenue generation opportunities.
- Responsible for performance management including; assessing staffing issues and performance gaps, writing and conducting performance evaluations, and coordinating bonus, reward and incentives.
- Monitor calls to improve quality, provide observational coaching, and track sales activities. Identify, recommend and support the implementation of various initiatives for the improvement of the direct center processes, i.e. outbound calling, service level standards, centralized retention program.
- Leverage other direct channels, such as Mortgage Direct, for referral opportunities.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Position requires 5+ years in management and leadership experience with deep knowledge of affluent and high net worth markets.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred with five years of business experience and/or proven success in a previous related field.
- License Requirements: FINRA Series: 7, 24, 53, 4, & 66 Insurance licenses including but not limited to: Life and Disability and Variable Life
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate collaboration and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients and prospects.
- Comfort and ability to coach and foster telephone consultative sales skills in a call facility environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge and clear vision of the high net worth market place and products.
- Extensive knowledge of investment products.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Possesses the ability to articulate the business group's mission, goals and priorities strategically.
- Effective management skills and the ability to develop employees.
- Requires a high level of knowledge of investments, lending, and banking services, products, practices, and general market trends.
- Sound operational and risk management knowledge