As a senior member of the Northern Trust Barrington Office, the Senior Banking Advisor develops new relationships, manages an existing portfolio, and broadens relationships with existing clients.
This individual will manage ongoing complex credit and deposit relationships for individuals, corporations and partnerships. Develops and cultivates relationships with new and existing clients to enhance profitability of credit and deposit services for the Bank.
Services a portfolio of existing relationships and acts as a key contact to senior client contacts for negotiating credit arrangements and improving cash flow. Enhances quality of service to existing accounts and coordinates delivery of client service with other parts of the Bank.
- Responsible for developing new relationships and deeping existing relationships
- Identifies prospects and develops the marketing strategy for specific clients
- Generates leads through well-established relationships with COI’s and cultivates a network of additional COI’s.
- Changes strategies based on insight into overall banking climate and client specific characteristics
- Manages complex wealth management banking; credit and treasury relationships
- Identifies opportunities with clients to offer investment, fiduciary and trust solutions
- Applies knowledge of credit policy, banking products and risk management in serving clients
- Responsible for “cold calling” on prospects with the ability to self-source new relationships.
- Responsible for structuring and negotiating complex loan and/or lease agreements according to guidelines established by senior bank and business unit management
- Analyzes and negotiates the terms of loans, special pricing conditions, interest rates, Swaps etc. according to guidelines of the Credit Policy Committee
- Oversees and negotiates the preparation of documentation necessary for the financing agreement
- Advice and consult with clients across Life Driven Wealth Management
- As subject area expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
Senior Banking Advisor, Will be a “hands-on” leader with a strong technical credit background capable of developing new relationships and delivering complex credit, lending and treasury solutions for high net worth clients and attached business. Banking Advisors are also technically capable of introducing our entire Wealth Platform; Investments and Trust.
- Strong executive skill set ability to influence and forge relationships at all levels of the enterprise.
- History of loan production over $15 Million Annually
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences. Though each of the following items is not a requirement, an interesting combination of the following is a must:
- 5 years or more of commercial lending, private banking experience or a combination of both.
- Formal credit training by a national or large regional bank preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the banking industry, competition and financing, gained through formal education and experience.
- Knowledge of investments, trust and fiduciary concepts is preferred to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Skills in negotiation, leadership and sales are necessary to develop the client and prospect relationships and a partner network.
- Must possess strong credit acumen to advise high net worth clients with their complex credit needs.
- Strong organizational skills and portfolio management expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.