J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset andwealth management services. The Asset &Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth andretail clients. With client assets of $2.8 trillion and assets under management of $2.0 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of Dec 31,2017)
Our Team:Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS) manages discretionaryinvestment strategies and performs manager due diligence for clients across J.P. MorganWealth Management (WM). Discretionaryinvestment offerings include multi-asset, single asset class and alternative strategies offered through individual accounts and private and registered funds.
MSS uses multiple strategies andchannels for implementation of its discretionaryinvestment strategies, includingmutual funds, private funds, exchangetraded funds and notes, structured products andother types of instruments.
Due diligence is performed on traditional and alternative asset class managers, includingmutual funds,hedge funds, privateequity and real estate. TheMSS Business Management Team supports senior management in theMSS organization to manage and execute key initiatives.
This highly visible role will be based in New York and work in closepartnership withMSS business leadership, client facing teams,technology, oversight & control,internalaudit, legal,risk, compliance and operations across multiple entities and jurisdictions. The role will help develop and deliver on business strategies and priorities, while also supporting the day to day operations of the business.
Key activities will include:
- Support MSS teams in all aspects of the platform ranging from strategic initiatives to day-to-day issues
- Support daily inquiries, integrate content and help manage internal communications
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret large amounts of data and information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations for senior management
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point of contact with MSS leadership and business and control partners
- Report on the health of the business through scorecards and key metrics
- Partner with WM product development teams to launch new discretionary products
- Identify key business risks on the platform and drive resolution of mitigating controls
- Support audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables; help drive specific action plans and deliverables within the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework
- Provide tactical team support , e.g., procedure updates, presentations and reporting for senior management
- Project manage and deliver key work streams and tasks
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the wealth management/asset management industry or in a project or business management role
- Investment management expertise/experience is a strong preference
- Proven track record of delivering projects, complex products and/or new business initiatives
- Experience in effectively messaging priorities, initiatives and updates to senior management
- Knowledge of multi-asset markets, products and processes is preferred
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Ability to manage complexity, juggle multiple projects and deliver solutions to a tight deadline
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with different stakeholder groups and driving the agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex solutions
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Be a team player who shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain a positive attitude and high level of performance on high profile/time-sensitive initiatives
- Proficient to advanced experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Req #: 180013664