The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
In this role, the Sr. Solutions Architect will create a robust Analytics architecture strategy that aligns to IBM Watson Health Analytics Strategies. These strategies include: Enterprise Data Management, Advanced Analytics, Information Delivery and Artificial Intelligence. Development of goals and strategy by conducting capability impact assessments, articulating and assessing business priorities to design reference and implementation architectures to support the enterprise. Establish a culture of analytic innovation and disruption by providing cross-industry insight on operations and best practices. Develop a best-in-industry solution architecture utilizing Cognitive, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud (Public / On- Premise) and machine learning as well as experimentation with emerging technology to positively impact IBM Watson Health operational and analytic proficiency.
The incumbent will:
- Provide technology leadership and oversight on design, development and implementation of healthcare business intelligence solutions.
- Be responsible for the implementation of technologies that align with technical design standards/architecture (for integrated process, applications, data and technology), business plans and long term strategy.
- Provide input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architecture within a domain or portfolio.
- Analyze highly complex system and technical issues to implement technologies that align with strategic technical direction.
- Guide the development of applications, systems, technical and product standards based on long range plans and vision.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural design that meet business requirements; oversees design reviews and frameworks.
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues.
- Contribute toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project within a Market and/or Infrastructure organization.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Healthcareexperience is mandatory.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in Healthcare.
- In-depth knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the healthcare industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Cognons, expertise in Tableau, and knowledge of other BI tools is required
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Master's degree in technical discipline