The Sr Data Warehouse (DW) Architect is responsible for establishing enterprise data warehouse solutions that deliver diverse reporting and analytic capabilities to health and human services customers in the public and private sector. Works with hardware/software engineers, DBAs, application vendors and managed services to ensure enterprise DW solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible and low maintenance.
- Conducts data requirements assessment and design sessions with customers.
- Works with analysts to establish clearly defined business requirements.
- Works with data suppliers to establish input and interface specifications.
- Guides the EDW team on how to erforms data analysis for source system data.
- Directs the design of conceptual, logical and physical models for healthcare data warehouse implementations.
- Leads the team on best practices when designing and managing data models in data modeling product.
- Directs the Development of third normal form and dimensional models that adhere to data warehouse best practices.
- Facilitates the design of time-variant models that support both point-in-time (historical) and current state analysis.
- Reviews DDL from model for RDBMS (Oracle, Teradata, …).
- Provides professional documentation describing data architecture.
- Represents the EDW team and collaborates with the customer and other agencies to conduct data risk assessments, document data mappings/lifecycle, and help build a data governance model, policies and programs.
- Represents the EDW team and collaborate with ongoing customer enterprise wide MDM and metadata projects.
- Understands customer’s Data Management program and environment and identifies the next generation of processes and products to refine and extend the lifecycle of the program.
- Develops the approach for the implementation of Data Management lifecycle components (examples include master data management, conformance with reference architecture, metadata strategy, data warehousing strategy, data classification programs, data quality,)
- Collaborates across the organization to understand the value of these components and obtains alignment in the approach and benefits.
- Leads project teams in the implementation of the data management lifecycle components.
- Provides direction and reviews solutions with regard to data architecture, working with software development teams and enterprise and application architects to ensure consistency and coherence with the enterprise architecture.
- Based on knowledge of data centric technology trends in the marketplaces, determines their applicability to the customer; evaluates and recommends data related technology products based on IBM Watson Health’s overall directional goals.
- Demonstrates an ability to quickly identify the most likely problem area in a complex, integrated data environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ yrs exp hands on DW technical development; data architecture, data integration, business intelligence and data analysis tools
- 10+ yrs exp leading DW technical implementation teams
- 10+ yrs exp developing technical architecture for DW implementations
- Proven success as a DW architect, delivering solutions for large projects integrating diverse technologies and products
- In-depth understanding of DW implementation and application development best practices
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to produce diagrams and schematics that visualize technical solutions
- In-depth understanding of RDBMS applications as well as relational & dimensional data modeling practices and where best utilized
- In-depth understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications & features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management
- In-depth understanding of security models and methods to protect information in the DW solution
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Healthcare related data modeling experience
- Oracle DBMS experience
- Exposure to Business Intelligence platforms (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects)