The Senior Data Integration Programmer is responsible for complex data integration (ETL) development for data warehouse solutions that deliver diverse reporting and analytic capabilities to health and human services customers in the public and private sector. This role develops data integration programs that load, transform and extract data from the data warehouse, assures that architecture and development follow data warehouse best practices. This individual works with DW architects, data architects, hardware/software engineers, DBAs, application vendors and managed services to ensure enterprise DW solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible and low maintenance.
The candidate must demonstrate expertise in data warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures, has technical hands on experience implementing data warehouse solutions, has strong communication skills and the ability to provide consultation to customers and collaborate internally on complex projects as a top level contributor/specialist. This candidate should also be able to find creative solutions to complex and diverse business requirements. This position typically reports to an ETL lead architect.
This role can be telecommute
- Review business and technical requirements and ensure the data integration solution meets requirements.
- Apply industry best practices for ETL design and development.
- Lead design, development and implementation of end-to-end complex ETL system using Informatica tools.
- Plan and lead ETL development efforts for team utilizing Informatica tools.
- Produce written deliverables for technical design, system testing and implementation activities.
- Implement ETL solutions that are operationally stable, efficient and automated.
- Implement technical solutions that are scalable, aligned with the enterprise architecture and can adapt to changes in business.
- Implement ETL solutions that maximize re-usable components/services, collect/share metadata, incorporate audit, reconciliation and exception handling.
- Implement parallel processing, load balancing, near real-time and real-time ETL processes.
- Implement entity resolution applications to build master indexes for members, providers, payers, etc.
- Help establish master data management program.
- Implement monitoring and measurement of data quality as defined by business rules.
- Ensure adherence to architectural governance standards and practices.
- Develop best practices, standards of excellence, and guidelines for programming teams.
- Conduct System Testing - execute job flows, investigate system defects, resolve defects and document results.
- Work with DBAs, application specialists and technical services to tune performance of the system to meet performance standards and SLAs.
- Assist in the development, documentation and application of best practices and procedures that govern DW implementations and operations.
- Off hour and weekend support may be required to meet project milestones.