Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 169 days ago
We are looking for someone who has excellent client interaction skills and can manage and lead planning and design teams for medium to large water, wastewater treatment, and distribution system projects. In this position, you will manage everything from medium to multi-million dollar water, distribution, and wastewater treatment projects.
· The Municipal Water/Wastewater Project Manager directs and coordinates Water/Wastewater activities of several disciplines on everything from major wastewater projects to projects of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects.
· Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
· Client development, maintenance, and management; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; and the establishment of critical project objectives and performances.
· Plans, organizes, and communicates project personnel needs to department management.
· Mentors less experienced staff and serves as a leader improving the latest technologies in wastewater planning, design and construction methods.
· May initiate or assist in contract negotiations or preparation.
· Assist in direction of project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum. Master's degreepreferred.
· Minimum 7 years related experience in the design of municipal water or wastewater treatment facilities, including 3 or more years managing medium to large-sized water/wastewater projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service, and quality standards.
· This position requires a self-driven individual with municipal water or wastewater process and plant facilities background and the willingness to take on new challenges.
· A demonstrated ability in physical and chemicalprocesses including filtration, chemical advanced oxidation, biological process, and hydraulics.
· Knowledge of structural design concepts and familiarity with codes and regulations.
· Familiarity with range of area issues related to wastewater systems including master planning, collection/distribution and pumping, with an emphasis on design and operations, and intimate knowledge of regulatory approval process.
· Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
· Existing relationships with local and statewide municipal and private clients.
· Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad area of assignments.
· Candidate must be capable of devising new approaches to solve complex problems.
· Previous consulting experience.
· Professional engineer license or the ability to obtain within the first 6 months is required.
Job ID: BH30339