DEA’s Portland, OR office is currently hiring for an experienced Water\Wastewater Project Engineer in our Water and Environment Business Unit. The primary focus for this position will be as a Project Engineer and Task Lead (working towards Project Management) for a wide variety of municipal water and wastewater projects. This position will require the candidate to utilize their expertise in water\wastewater engineering related projects, including, but not limited to: water system conveyance design; water system storage; sanitary conveyance design (gravity and pumped systems); hydraulic modelling analysis; preparation of water and wastewater infrastructure feasibility studies and master plans; preparation of engineering and construction plans, specifications and estimates; coordination with regulatory agencies for project permitting.
It will be the responsibility of the position to perform engineering design and to provide a high quality product to DEA’s current and future clients.
- Work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and contribute to the growth of our Water\Wastewater group.
- Responsible for planning and design of a wide range of municipal water\wastewater systems and facilities including hydraulic analysis and modeling. Work includes computer based calculations and plan/profile design, and plan preparation.
- As an engineer of record, collaborate with a team of support professionals, including but not limited to drafters, EITs, GIS technicians, and technical editors. Responsibilities also include active management of task-specific scope, schedule and budget. Project management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards.
- Opportunity to coach and mentor entry level staff
- Interface with clients and public agencies on an as-needed basis.
- Assistance in business development efforts (e.g. engagement in professional organizations and visibility efforts), preparing proposals and participating in interviews as needed.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon (Washington a plus)
- 5-10 years of experience as a municipal utilities design engineer with general civil and water\wastewater design experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong AutoCAD skills (GIS is a plus but not required).
- Technical memorandum and report writing skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community wellbeing
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals