Position Overview This is a key management position with overall responsibility for growth and development of PRIME’s water and wastewater business in the Mid-Atlantic Region including:
- Growing PRIME’s public-sector water and wastewater business through winning and executing engineering and construction services (planning, design, design/build and CM/CI services) for federal, state and local water/wastewater clients.
- Leadership and proactive collaboration with key Water Business Line leaders, marketing teams and operations managers in offices across the company in the development, implementation and achievement of strategic and business development goals.
- Leadership in the pursuit of specific water/wastewater project opportunities including participating in Go/No Go decisions, development of pursuit strategies and proposals, and hiring/mentoring of staff for key projects.
- Project participation through active involvement in water/wastewater project work including consulting assignments, management and peer review, as appropriate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to demonstrate an established career (20+ years’ experience) in water resources, stormwater management, water quality and TMDL implementation, wastewater collection and pumping, wastewater treatment, water distribution and storage, booster pump stations, water treatment, and/or flood management and controls.
- Experience in a wide range of projects including: water resources planning and design, stormwater management, wastewater master planning, water distribution and sewer system design, green infrastructure planning and design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, regulatory compliance, water and wastewater system studies/reports and associated design of improvements, and environmental services.
- The role will incorporate all aspects of being a Director including Business Development, Operations and Project Management.
- Responsible for marketing and growing the public-sector business in the Mid-Atlantic region with a focus on federal, state and local municipal clients in the water/wastewater and environmental markets.
- Serve as Senior-level Project Manager, Project Principal and/or Peer Reviewer on key water, stormwater and wastewater design projects.
- Development of specific strategies for increasing the public-sector Water Business market share across the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Participating in Go/No Go decisions and developing Teaming Agreements/MOU’s for Teaming.
- Leading/assisting in identifying, tracking, positioning and pursuing major public-sector project opportunities.
- Working with the company’s Business Line Director to identify and develop new capabilities and assisting in the recruitment of key personnel that would enhance the firm’s competitiveness and growth in the water business.
- Increasing PRIME’s visibility in the public-sector water/wastewater business through active participation in state and national organizations, and by performing high quality work.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of projects.
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance on water/wastewater projects.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness/validity of proposed engineering evaluations and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring proper quality control procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Conduct peer reviews and make technical presentations.
- Assist/collaborate with the Marketing Department in regard to proposal writing and development.
- Leads, manages and mentors water/wastewater staff in the region.
- B.S or M.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in MD or VA, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Minimum 20 years working as a Water or Wastewater Engineer with a strong depth of experience as a Project Manager or Department Manager for projects related to water, stormwater and wastewater system studies, water quality analyses, stormwater and sanitary sewer design, pump station design, water system design and wastewater system design.
- Proven experience in business development and track record of sales growth in the water/wastewater market.
- Proven knowledge of and relationships with statewide clients, potential engineering partners, major contractors, specialty subcontractors and suppliers.
- Understanding of Teaming Agreements/MOUs and demonstrated ability for getting strategic and timely teaming agreements in place giving due regard to business considerations and risks.
- Experience working with local governments, including conducting public meetings and presentations.
Geographic Area of Responsibility: The geographic area of responsibility for this position initially includes the the State of Maryland, with future responsibilities in the DC and Virginia markets.
Reporting Responsibility: Primary reporting responsibility will be to the Water BL Director and secondary reporting responsibility to the CEO.