Water Treatment Sales Consultant
Confidential Company • New York, NY and
Less than 5 years experience •
Posted on 05/08/18
New York, NY
Less than 5 years experience
Posted on 05/08/18
- The Water Treatment Sales Consultant will be responsible for identifying, developing, and servicing existing and new accounts in the greater market. They will work closely with our customers to provide water treatment programs tailored to their specific needs. "This is a remote position.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned territory (i.e. lead generation, cold calling, and appointment setting).
- Promotion and sales of maintenance services to new and existing Chem-Aqua customers.
- ?Hands-on? servicing of accounts which includes but is not limited to; chemical testing, calibration and repair of chemical feed related equipment, and visual inspections of systems when necessary.
- Schedule service and sales calls ? includes daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Identify new business needs and opportunities, and develop and implement customized solutions for our customers
- High School Diploma, College DegreePreferred.
- Experience in water treatment, water hygiene, environmental health and safety, and/or secondary disinfection is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 1-3years of experience in sales with a proven successful track record.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and management skill.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience working on teams from multiple locations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- MUST be Highly Motivated and a Self-Starter.
- Perform physical work in a HVAC, cooling towers, or boiler equipment environment requiring exposure to chemicals, noise, hot & cold temperatures and inclement weather
- MUST be in good physical ability ? the job requires frequent walking to and from worksite.
- Valid driver?s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (DMV record will be checked)
- Ability to work flexible schedule, some weekends required depending on the servicing of accounts
- Required work activities include but are not limited to, climbing and descending stairs and ladders (from 10-30? in height), sometimes while carrying drums of chemicals weighing up to 75 pounds while maintaining a 3-point ladder contact (per OSHA rules). As of the date of this job description, the available ladders have a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Be able to wear protective gear for the face, ears, and gloves
- 35% travelrequired