Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to VP of Sales & Marketing. As a Water Segment Sales Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a Water Playbook for the US Drives' market that defines the total Water Segment local (domestic) market opportunity, ambition, competitive landscape and go to market strategy for Drives. The playbook/strategy and associated owner must demonstrate a deep understanding of the Water market versus ABB's product and services portfolio and document priority segments and sub-segments, opportunities, channel requirements and potential partners, associations and buying influences with the market necessary to drive growth. The Water Segment Manager will take an active role in daily activities such as account identification and target selection (industrial end user, municipal, OEM, associated channel partners, systems integrators, key specifying engineering firms and influencers, etc.). The development and implementation of relative Commercial Programs as the program champion and in training and account pursuit support as it relates to the industry segment and commercial program. The Water Segment Manager ultimately owns the Playbook; the strategy, the associated commercial programs and has shared accountability with the Industrial Sales team for attaining double digit growth within the segment.
** The target area is the West and South territory, and candidates that meet the requirements will be considered ** Your responsibilities
- Leadership and Cross collaboration: Owner (and developer for) Water Growth Strategy and Playbook for MODP (Motion Drive Products). Define target segments & sub segments & relevant applications. Owner of MODP Water creation and realization of budget & sales growth target. Co-owner in partnership with the Industrial (RVPs) Receive Versus Payment of each regional Water sales funnel including funnel development, quality, size and conversion rate.
- Owner of Drives products Water Service Strategy in collaboration with Drives Services team and owner of Drives products Water OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Strategy in collaboration with Drives products OEM Segment Manager. Collaborate with the Global Water team to define key messages & content and partner with Commercial Program Manager to determine program dynamics, KPIs etc. Liaison between Commercial Program Manager & Field Sales and host Water related training as it applies to Commercial Programs and Sales related training. Cross-divisional & organization participant for Drives business with SAMs (South Americas) / KAMs (Key Account Manager) / GAMs (Group Account Management) / OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) Teams and other Divisions within the Water Team etc. Work cross-division and cross-business area to unlock opportunities for Drives that might not otherwise be visible. Provide a monthly progress report for the local business line (MODP) and Global Water Segment Manager (Flash report).
- Effectively lead to and demonstrate strong adoption of ABB's Values: Courage, Care, Curiosity and Collaboration. Strategic Marketing & Thought Leadership: Lead market research activities to quantify market size and opportunity, competitive landscape, relevant segments & sub segments, appropriate direction/priority, trends & megatrends, industry related pain points, values and appropriate messaging and product related needs, gaps, pricing requirements, positioning etc.
- Identify and represent ABB Drives at key conference, tradeshows and industry associations. Identify appropriate placement opportunities for promotional activities including publication, exhibit, demonstration, training, membership etc.
- Through collaboration within the Commercial Marketing Organization & Marketing Communications, create thought leadership whitepapers, webinars and marketing materials to position ABB Drives for success. Lead digital marketing and social selling activities within industry related forums, blogs, chat groups etc.
- Provide User and OEM penetration support using product and application expertise specifically related to Drives to apply value add to Water customers, help them achieve production, environmental and sustainability goals. Help to establish ABB Drives as the preferred brand within the Water industry and at Water customers.
- Map typical Water sales cycles with all decision points and associated action plans for influencing each decision. Sales-related Activities and Customer Relations: Partner with RVPs and Water BDM team to identify target accounts and required collaborative sales activities.
- Ensure target account list will deliver budget requirements. Lead proposal development and bid desk team design and execution, working closely with the Customer Experience organization to support standardized, customer focused, responsive, comprehensive and winning water proposals.
- Partner with VP, Sales and Marketing to educate and set plans of action to drive implementation of global frame agreements where applicable with key water customers. Partner with Channel Management function to identify and provide framework to add appropriate distribution and system integrators into Drives' Channel Programs for growth. Participate as a lead commercial resource on business development and specification activities within the engineering community for Water segment.
- Coach members of the industrial sales team related to the dynamics of the Water industry and in developing account pursuit strategies to effectively empower the industrial sales team to win new accounts and deliver growth. Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies and procedures; maintaining the highest ethical standard.
More about us
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably in Engineering, Business, Marketing or Communications, and 8 years' experience in sales, business development, customer relationship, channel, automation, water segment.
- Masters' Degree is preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Open to travel about 50%.
- Relevant experience within a complex business environment, solid understanding of a multi-channel and segmented sales model. Strong experience in Water segment.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm . http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.