Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 189 days ago
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Water Resources Project Manager/Engineer to work as a member of our North Texas Water Business Group in either our Dallas, TX or Fort Worth, TX office locations.
Our team focuses on hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design for flood mitigation, water quality, erosion mitigation, stream restoration, dams and reservoirs, and transportation drainage projects with opportunities to work on all project phases from program management to master planning, design, and construction.
· Project- and task-level management, leading and directing technical staff, as well as hands-on project engineering for all phases on a wide variety of water resource projects.
· Manage/lead/develop H&H modeling including 1D/2D/3D hydraulic models to support planning and design of a wide range of flood, erosion mitigation, and water quality projects including stream rehabilitation and restoration, complex culverts and bridges, dam spillways and other hydraulic structures, storm water collection systems, and stormwater control measures (SCMs).
· Manage/lead/develop engineering design including plans, specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents for a diverse variety of water resources infrastructure.
· Manage/lead/perform water resources master planning studies including multi-objective watershed-wide flood, erosion, and/or water quality master plans.
· Manage/lead/perform Flood early warning and emergency response projects including Flood Early Warning Systems (FEWS) and predictive flood modeling, flood damage assessments, and other emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities.
· May manage/lead Dam safety/dam remediation studies and design including dam assessments, breach analyses, potential failure mode analyses and risk assessments, hydraulic capacity analyses and improvements design, and emergency action plans and tabletop exercises.
· Lead/develop preparation of technical and non-technical reports and presentations including visualization of data.
· Assist with business development activities including client relations, marketing pursuits, and project proposals.
· Identify flood mitigation grant funding project opportunities and provide technical support for application processes.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
· PE required
· 5+ years of experience in water resources/stormwater engineering and project management required
· Proficient in 1D/2D hydrologic and hydraulic modeling including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite, GIS and/or AutoCAD, GEO-HMS/RAS.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and good internal review processes
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture