Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. has an immediate opening for a Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineer to join our established and expanding aquatic restoration and sediment team based in Bothell, WA. The qualified candidate will have 5-8 years professional experience working as an Engineer on construction, earthworks, aquatic restoration and/or sediment remediation projects.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. PE preferred in Washington and/or Oregon or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with civil, earthworks and water-related projects, preferably those involving aquatic restoration and/or sediment remediation.
- Ability to prepare engineering design reports, design plans, technical specifications, and cost estimates
- Strong technical writing skills and experience writing design reports, technical specifications, and various resources agency reports
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D and working knowledge of GIS
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks
- Extremely responsible, equally suited to working independently or in a team environment.
- Able and willing to travel for assignments, including multi-day field work assignments
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with hydraulic and hydrologic modeling related to stream and stormwater management
- Experience using hydraulic/hydrologic modeling software such as HY8, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow, and HEC-HMS
- Experience with construction or construction oversight of aquatic restoration and/or sediment remediation projects
- Experience assisting with project management tasks and working on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Current knowledge of preeminent instream design techniques and practices
- Experience with sediment remedial design involving both sediment dredging and capping
- General working knowledge of land survey techniques preferred, including use of RTK and Total Station equipment