Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work and grow your career.
Water Resources Engineer – Lincoln, NE; Omaha, NE; or Grand Island, NE
We are looking to hire an experienced H&H Engineer with design expertise in hydrology, hydraulics, and general water resources engineering.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Ensure completeness of the design details
- Manage the process of compiling and coordinating plans, specifications, cost estimates and pay items
- Coordinate and/or review drafting and assembly of plan set
- Oversee layout and/or review drawings for a project
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic studies and analysis
- Assemble competent project communications, including meeting minutes, technical documents and complete reports that require little editing and meet the client expectations
- Assume responsibility for project design calculation files, assuring adequate independent quality control reviews on that work
- Check and sign off on design calculations and plan elements prior to Quality Assurance
- Develop and oversee task work plans for assigned team members
- Monitor work plans for adherence to budget and schedule
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the assigned project components
- Develop project design criteria for the assigned project components
- Demonstrate advanced use of CADD and assure compliance with project CADD standards
- Understand and monitor the overall required scope, schedule and budget for the project deliverables
- Identify deficiencies and propose corrective action to problems noted
- Assist in developing estimates of staff hours for contracts
- Organize technical meetings among design staff to advance project progress.
- Organize and/or direct smaller projects in their entirety
- Provide civil transportation design support as needed
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years of hydrologic and hydraulic and water resources design required
- Experience performing hydrology and hydraulics modeling, analysis and design related to floodplain and bridge hydraulics, detention and flood storage routing, storm sewer system design, channel stabilization and ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Licensed PE required
- Experience with Microstation, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS or other related hydrologic and hydraulic software
- Knowledge of local and state DOT drainage design criteria is a plus
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Other civil transportation design skills are a plus