As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization.
- Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field.
- Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within your areas of expertise.
- Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff.
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees.
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity.
- Working with a few (3 to 5) subordinate supervisors or team leaders (at least one of whom would be at level V).
- Directing the work of a staff of typically 10 to 20 engineers and technicians.
- Evaluating progress and results obtained, and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives.
- Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product.
- Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
- 10 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil or coastal engineering.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
Strong experience directing a team including remote team members, good client communications skills, H&H modeling experience a strong plus,