At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard and Curran is seeking a Water Resources / Civil Engineer Project or Technical Manager to sit in one of our New England offices. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a vibrant working environment and an opportunity to be provide innovative and creative design solutions to water resource projects. Typical projects involve assisting state and municipal clients throughout the United States in completing drainage design, stormwater management, floodplain management and other watershed planning using grey and green infrastructure approaches.
- Managing multiple projects and/or design teams
- Managing technical aspects of watershed and storm water management planning, permitting and design;
- Overseeing water quality and quantity analysis;
- Provide technical leadership for hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.).
- Manage and review floodplain mapping and assisting with written reports such as study narratives documenting floodplain studies.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, work scopes, and cost estimates.
- Serve as a mentor and assist the junior level staff/peers.
- Contributes technically on regulatory compliance reports and presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of water resources engineering;
- Active P.E. in MA, RI, NY, CT or ME, and/or NCEES registration with or ability to obtain one rapidly through reciprocity;
- Knowledge/experience with some or all of the following models/software; HEC-RAS, HEC23, HEC18, HEC-HMS, SWMM and ArcGIS
- Awareness of FEMA funding programs and process
- Understanding of ACOE and other Federal and State permitting processes
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, water quality sampling methods and protocols, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, and watershed/waterway modeling.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)