If you have an understanding of critical equipment and infrastructure for large-scale building water system operations and understand the constructability of varying designs, you may be a good fit.
The Water Resources Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Reliability and maintenance of cooling equipment and any associated water treatment equipment.
· Engineer and execute pilot studies and also perform audits on system reliability of water infrastructure.
· Work with internal teams to trouble shoot problems and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action (CA) for design and fleet deployed equipment related problems.
· Work with local water utilities to understand and coordinate site utility requirements, coordinate site inspections and new treatment system deployment.
· Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
· Support and wherever necessary test and validate installation, operation, and performance of water treatment equipment and associated mechanical system.
· Review and approve equipment submittals.
· Interface with internal data center design teams, data center operations team, real estate and environmental health and safety teams to promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in services delivered.
· Travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Civil Engineering
· Expert in water chemistry and conventional/membrane water treatment technologies for industrial applications with 5+years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in data centers.
· Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
· Strong understanding of mechanical/plumbing related to data centers/buildings including but not limited to: chillers (air-cooled and water-cooled), pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, air handling units, air economizers.
· This position is based in Northern Virginia.
· 7+ years of direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of water treatment equipment fleet management.
· Advanced degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental/Civil Engineering.
· Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects and ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varied requirements.
· Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide recommendations on a short notice and with limited information.
Job ID: 619118